Our approach to the protection of your personal data
- What is considered as Personal Data?
Personal Data is any information that relates to you or may be attributed to you and allows us to identify you. Such data is, for example, your name, surname, father’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail, username, password etc. Additionally, personal data also includes some technical data relating to you, such as your IP address or the websites through which you entered our site, etc. Moreover, as special categories of personal data (sensitive data) are namely treated data that related to your health condition.
- Which personal data are being collected by VINTELI BY VIVIAN CHATZELI and on which legal ground?
2.1. The personal data we collect include only necessary information we need for specific purposes, as described below. We may mainly process the following types of personal data related to you:
– contact detail and personal information (such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail, gender);
– communications you exchange with us or direct to us via letters, e-mails and calls, before and/or after your purchase;
– data related to the creation of your personal account on our e-shop and your log-in to that (e.g. username, order history);
– data related to your orders (products purchased, price, date of purchase and other information you may provide to us during your order), their payment and shipping method and/or their exchange/return; and
– through the use of automated means, we collect technical information of your device, such as your IP address or any other identification thereof, the type of your device and the version of your operating system.
2.2. We do not collect special categories of personal data, during the course of our business. In case we collect such data, we shall further process it only if you provide us with your explicit consent or based on a legal obligation (e.g. mainly regarding our employees), and always in accordance with the relevant provisions of the applicable legislation.
Moreover, we do not collect data on persons under the age of 16, during the course of our business. Should any information of this type be sent to us, please communicate with us in order to delete them.
2.3. We shall only process your information when:
– you have given us your consent to such processing, which you may withdraw at any time, as detailed below (e.g. while creating an account);
– the processing is necessary for the execution of our contractual services to you and the provision of our products and services to you, mainly regarding the execution of your orders;
– the processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations (e.g. for tax reasons); and/or
– the processing is necessary for our Company’s legitimate interests (e.g. improvement of the provided services, safe internet connection, collection of statistical data).
- For which purposes are we processing your personal data?
We may process your personal data mainly in the following cases:
– to communicate with you, in relation to your inquires, as well as before and/or after any purchase;
– to execute your orders and deliver you the products you purchase from our e-shop and handle any exchanges/returns;
– to archive your data in our database;
– to confirm the payment of your orders and for internal accounting and tax reasons;
– for developing and improving our services and for statistical purposes and
– for advertising and marketing related purposes.
More specifically, we may process your personal data, indicatively, as follows:
3.1. Website Visitors: IP Address – Cookies
3.1.1. IP addresses: When you access our website or open any electronic communication from us, our servers may record data regarding your device and the network you are using to communicate with us, including your IP address. An IP address is a series of numbers which identify your computer, and which we may use for system administration, investigation of security issues and compiling anonymized data regarding the usage of our website.
Data collected through cookies for the above purposes may include the type of browser you are using, the type of your computer/device, your operating system, online service providers, the products you browse, the IP address of your device, your username and password.
Moreover, they are used by us for advertising and marketing purposes, statistical and market research purposes, for improving our products and services, for measuring the effectiveness of the website, as well as for improving and updating its content.
By browsing our e-shop and making purchases on it, you consent to the processing by VINTELI BY VIVIAN CHATZELI of the information it collects from you through Cookies. You can, however, edit your preferences by using settings available on most internet browsers, except for necessary for the operation of the website cookies. Please note that disabling cookies may prevent a visitor from using certain features on our website.
3.1.3. Moreover, we may use third-party web analytics services on our website, such as Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies to help us monitor and understand more about how you use and access our website, which lets us optimize the user experience and build a website that better suits your needs.
3.2. Registering as a Member – Creating an Account
During the registration process, our Company collects the personal data that you voluntarily provide to us and particularly as mandatory information your name, surname, address, e-mail, telephone number, username and password and voluntarily your gender and age category.
The above personal data is used by our Company in order to create your account, through which you can proceed to your orders and check your transaction history, while retaining your password, in order to allow you access to your account every time you log in. The registration to our e-shop is confirmed by an automated e-mail.
3.3. Purchase of Products from our E-shop
On our e-shop, you may only make purchases as registered members, through your personal account. To complete each online order, process it and execute it, it is necessary to provide, collect and process some necessary personal information. This data is used by our Company to execute your order, the purchase of products and their deliver to the address you declare.
3.4. Payment by credit or debit card
If you choose to use a credit or debit card for the payment of the product(s) you purchase from VINTELI BY VIVIAN CHATZELI, you will be automatically transferred to a safe banking transaction environment. There, for the purpose of payment, you shall provide to us the card type and number, expiration date and CVV number, by filling all the necessary fields on the secure order form. Transactions are protected by high level online security systems, which guarantee a safe transaction environment to the majority of the world’s businesses. Our Company does not store any information related to your card, which are not visible to us. However, it is informed of the success or failure of the transaction for the obvious purposes of servicing and executing your order. At the same time, you shall take any appropriate measure to ensure that third parties shall not access your account, such as not exposing your password.
We will not send you any newsletter for advertising or marketing related purposes, unless you choose to subscribe to this service. In this case, VINTELI BY VIVIAN CHATZELI will collect your email address and send you important news and updates. Upon providing your consent for your subscription to the newsletters service, you accept the present terms.
In case you do not wish to receive our newsletters, you can request your removal from the recipients list at any time, either by following the relevant link at the end of every email you receive from us, or by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who are the third-party recipients of your data?
4.1. We do not sell, lease or exchange your personal data, nor will we do so at any time in the future. We may disclose your personal information to third parties or use it for a purpose other than the one for which it was originally collected only if you consent to such further processing, or if it is required by law.
– to third parties who provide Vinte li with technical services for the operation of the e-shop, such as developers, data analysts, vendors and data security providers, strictly for the purpose of providing their services to us;
– to service providers that host our customer database, manage our IT systems and perform its technical support and management in general;
– to courier companies, to deliver your orders;
– to advertising companies and advertising services providers in general: VINTELI BY VIVIAN CHATZELI does not disclose personal data without your consent. However, it may share with third-party advertising agencies information which cannot in any case identify you, such as statistical information with regard to the products purchased, demographic data or data regarding the technical characteristics of the devices used to access our e-shop etc;
– to external partners (such as accountants, auditors, consultants etc);
– to financial institutions and credit card providers or to other e-commerce providers for the servicing of your online purchases;
– to any third party to which/whom we may sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets;
– as required or authorized by any applicable law, and to comply with our legal obligations and
– to governmental agencies and public authorities, regulatory bodies and enforcement agencies, to comply with a valid and authorized request, including a court order or other valid legal process, to protect against fraud and for related security purposes.
4.3. In any case, our employees who have access and process your personal data are specific and trained regarding the appropriate manner of any processing, are bound by confidentiality terms and process only on a need-to-know basis, to meet stated legitimate business purposes, as already described. Unauthorized access to your data is strictly prohibited.
5.1. We are committed to safeguarding and protecting your personal information. We implement and maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect any personal information provided to us from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to personal information collected, stored or otherwise processed by us or by our partners.
5.2. More specifically, at VINTELI BY VIVIAN CHATZELI we implement various procedures and security measures to our physical and electronic files, in order to protect the personal information we hold. We securely archive and store any hardcopy files we need to keep, access to which is permitted only on a need-to-know basis. Moreover, regular and systematic controls are implemented on workstations, such as automatic computer locking, regular software and hardware updates and configuration, in order to minimize the possibility of gaining unauthorized access and exploiting crucial data which are stored in our systems.
5.3. We regularly review security technologies and will strive to protect your personal information as we protect our own confidential information. We are not responsible though for any third party’s actions or their security controls with respect to information that these third parties may collect or process via their websites, services or otherwise.
- Data retention period
6.1. The information you provide to us may be archived or stored periodically, according to backup security processes. We do not retain your data for longer than required for the purposes for which it was collected, unless the law requires us to hold them for a longer period (e.g. tax related documents of your orders), or to delete it sooner, or unless you exercise your right to have your information erased or to restrict the processing thererof (where it applies).
6.2. For example, you shall receive newsletters until you withdraw your consent, we shall retain the data you have provided to us in order to create your account, only for as long as it remains active. In case it is completely inactive for a time period longer that three (3) years, it will be de-activated and deleted from our systems. Tax data of each purchase shall be preserved for ten (10) years from the date of the purchase.
- Your rights
7.1. We shall provide you with the ability to exercise all of your rights in relation to your personal data that we hold and process. According to the GDPR, you have the right of access to, receive information and rectification of your data, to withdraw consent at any time, to request data erasure, to restrict the extent of data processing or to object to data processing, according to the provisions of the GDPR.
7.2. Indicatively, at your request, we will:
– grant you access to copies of your personal data, within a reasonable time period,
– correct personal information, when inaccurate,
– withdraw your prior consent to the processing of your data etc.
7.3. Moreover, within the EU, individuals have the right in law to complain about how their information is handled to a supervisory authority that is responsible for regulating compliance with the Regulation. A list of all EU supervisory authorities is available on the European Commission website: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
- Contact us